Job Description: QA Automation Engineer – Software Developer in Test.
Reports To: Engagement Lead
Updated: February 2021
Location: Remote / Dundalk, Co. Louth Ireland and Atlanta, GA, USA.
At CelticQA Solutions we are champions of software quality throughout the life cycle. Our Teams are made up of passionate QA professionals from varied backgrounds and experiences. We have a common goal: to help our clients deliver quality software with a high business value, at speed and profitably. We help clients mature their QA function to support the digital growth of their organisation. Collaboration is the foundation of our Team, and we are looking for self-driven, ambitious, and hardworking individuals who share the same passion for excellence and quality.
- Support CQA in developing reusable Test Automation frameworks.
- Identify areas that are prime candidates for automation and assist the team with implementing the related automation solutions.
- Review project requirements and develop test cases to validate project requirements.
- Execute test cases manually and report test execution status to client team daily.
- Collaborate with CQA and client teams on client engagements.
- Participate in daily Scrum calls with CQA and client teams.
- Provide daily and weekly updates on your project activities, accomplishments, and issues.
- Continuously stay up to date with industry and technology changes and bring new ideas to the team, including staying abreast of emerging automation trends and technologies.
- Provide input for planning, scope, schedule, and implementation of test automation projects
- Understand and contribute to discussions of product requirements, architecture, and design.
- Champion software quality through the right use of test automation tools and processes
Qualifications or Desired Skills or Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of test automation and/or development/DevOps experience on several projects.
- BSc degree in Computer science, Information Systems, or equivalent field/experience
- Hands-on experience with automation with C#, Java, SQL.
- Experience developing Test Automation Frameworks with Selenium frameworks (TestNG, POM and/or BDD).
- Experience of Source Control Git, Bitbucket.
- Experience of Test Management tools, Jira, HP ALM/QC, Bugzilla or similar.
- Experience of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) tools, Jenkins, TeamCity, or similar.
- Experience on a variety of technology platforms (e.g., client-server, web services, API, mobile, windows server, Unix)
- Experience with different development and testing methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, BDD, TDD)
- Knowledge of Unit Testing and MVC development structure in Visual Studio or similar a plus.
- Good Knowledge and experience of manual and automated API testing.
- Takes initiative and works autonomously to achieve group objectives
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organisational and time management skills
- Good analytical/problem solving experience to deal with complex business problems
- Ability to learn and upskill as needed.
- Must be a detail oriented, analytical and an independent thinker
- ISTQB qualification or equivalent a plus.
- Fluent English required
- Valid work permit